This 4- hour Co-Parenting Program is broken into two 2-hour classes. See flyer for more information. Participants must be registered prior to class.
Next class is Tuesday, August 2nd and Tuesday, August 9th at the Oneida County Senior Center at 5:30 pm. Cost is $20 for materials. For more information on upcoming classes or to register, call Sara Richie, MS – Family Living Educator at (715) 365-2750 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Family Living Programs – Backed by university research
Family Living’s unique and effective programs are developed using university research. Extension educators based in every county and on the University of Wisconsin-Madison campus have a direct link to university resources, allowing them to draw from and contribute to current research about families.
By responding to the challenges facing today’s families with evidence-informed programs and practices, as well as local knowledge gained from living in the communities they serve, Extension educators are helping to create an environment where families have the information, skills and assets they need to improve their quality of life and contribute to their communities.
Creating strong families that serve as the foundation for community life by enhancing family relationships, parenting, child development and the community institutions that promote family well-being.
Early Learning Programs: Northwoods Family Resource Center Network
Click on the picture below to learn about free Early Learning Programs, sponsored by the Northwoods Family Resource Center Network, available in the Rhinelander, Minocqua, Crandon, Antigo and Tomahawk areas:
Click the picture below for a list of babysitting training courses in the nearby area:
Look for your local Family Resource Center at the following nearby locations:
- Antigo Family Corner Resource Center: Antigo Middle School, Room 227, 815 Seventh Ave, PO Box 177, Antigo, WI 54409. Phone: 715-627-1414.
- Lincoln County Family Resource Center: 201B Stange St., Merrill, WI 54452. Phone: 715-539-9228
- Family Resource Connection: 1020 Kabel Ave., Rhinelander, WI 54501. Phone: 715-361-2890 or toll-free (888) 266-0028.
Find more information online: http://www.chw.org/location-directory/locations/community-services/rhinelander-community-services/
The University of Wisconsin-Extension Parenting Links
Resources and information for Wisconsin county educators who are providing co-parenting education.
An innovative program initiative from UW-Extension Family Living Programs with the goal of empowering parents in their use of digital media as a powerful and positive tool supporting their parenting role
An online educational and supportive parenting community for parents of preteens and teens ages 10-16
- Parenting Newsletters
Sign up for free email parenting newsletters for children birth to age 3
- Parenting the Preschooler
Explore the newsletters on this site which are designed for parents and caregivers of preschool age children.
- Raising a Thinking Child
Parenting program for parents of children age 4-7 offered by county educators.
- Strengthening Families Program for Parents and Youth 10-14
A nationally recognized program designed to reduce substance use and other problematic behaviors in youth ages 10-14 offered by county educators.
- Top 10 Feeds and Reads Parent Resource List Have you ever taken a quick look for parenting and family resources online and looked up hours later to realize you fell into a digital rabbit hole? Family Living Programs’ Digital Parenting Education Specialist, Anne Clarkson, highlights the ten top parenting and family online resources. She noted online databases, libraries, podcasts, video archives, and websites and also recommended Facebook and Twitter feeds to follow to effortlessly stay in the know about family and child development research.
- Better Kid Care
Professional development opportunities and education information on caring for children from Penn State.
- Child Care Finder
Searching for safe, quality child care in Wisconsin has never been easier.
- The Registry
Wisconsin’s Recognition System for acknowledging the training, experience and professionalism of child care programs and providers.
- YoungStar – Wisconsin’s Child Care Rating Program
YoungStar gives parents information to help them make the best choice about care for their child.
- Wisconsin Early Childhood Collaborating Partners
State, regional, and local groups collaborating so all children in Wisconsin receive services and support for optimal developmental potential from birth through age 5.
- Family Resiliency
Be resilient: s-t-r-e-t-c-h, bounce back & roll forward
- Grandparenting Today
The focus of this website is on grandparents who are raising their grandchildren and others who are raising their relatives’ children.
Aging and Caregiving of Older Persons
- Balancing Work and Family Care of Older Persons
Most persons who care for an elderly family member continue to work at their job. This website addresses some of the balancing issues.
- Creating Aging-Friendly Communities in Wisconsin
Because people are living longer, it is increasingly more important that communities become “aging-friendly”.
- Family Policy
Connecting Policymakers and Professionals to build research-based family policy.
- Home Visitation for Infants and Young Children
Supporting community home visiting programs in Wisconsin.
- Local Criminal Justice and Prevention
Resources about community corrections, reentry and transitioning jail inmates; prevention and intervention programs for juvenile delinquency; and programming for incarcerated audience educators.
- What Works Wisconsin
Tools for practitioners and policymakers to develop, evaluate and improve prevention programs for children, youth and families.
How We Make a Difference
- Short reports showing the effectiveness of our programs across the state